The University of Pretoria online Applications 2023 academic year opens 1 April .
Therefore applications for admission to undergraduate study programmes for both South African and international citizens close on specific dates in the year preceding the year of study.
Check the list of closing dates supplied below to make sure that you submit your application on time. To use the Online Application System you will need internet access, as well as an email address that you can access regularly because as soon as you submit your online application, a student number (EMPLID) will be sent to this email address as confirmation of receipt.
We will discuss on this page How to download UP Application Form 2023, University of Pretoria application dates, fees and other relevant information concerning the University of Pretoria Applications 2023…
The Admission Management of the University of Pretoria (UP) has released the Application Form for 2023 Academic year online. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified and interested candidates for University of Pretoria 2023 admission.
The General Requirements for University of Pretoria Applications is that a Candidate must meet a higher certificate requires a minimum APS of 15, a diploma a minimum APS of 18 and a bachelor degree a minimum APS of 21 or more (some exceptions apply).
UP ONLINE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
How to apply
Before continuing please read the up admission requirements of the University of Pretoria.
Please ensure that you meet the admission requirements before applying.
- It is in your best interest to complete your own application. The University of Pretoria does not make use of representatives, agents or agencies during the application process. If you choose to make use of representatives, agents or agencies, you do so at own risk.
- The closing dates are non-negotiable. It is your responsibility to ensure you apply before the applicable deadline!
- It is of utmost importance that you provide your correct personal email and postal addresses to enable the University of Pretoria to communicate with you directly.
Persons with disabilities:
The online application system provides the facility for an applicant to disclose his/her disability status. Applicants are encouraged to make use of this facility to disclose their disability status at this point in the application process. Such a disclosure will in no way prejudice an application. Disclosing your disability status enables the University of Pretoria to better anticipate the needs arising from these disabilities.
Applying via Online Application
|Please be informed that payment of your online application, is not the final step. You still need to click on “VERIFY” and “APPLY”.|
Important note: It is the responsibility of the applicant to upload required supporting .pdf documents. It is also the responsibility of the applicant to verify and finally click on “apply” to submit an online application. The online application system is not intended for use by students presently registered and studying at the University of Pretoria. Please contact your Faculty should you wish to change to another field of study or if you wish to pursue a different degree. Important! If you have not clicked on VERIFY and APPLY as your last two steps, your application has not officially been submitted to the University of Pretoria.
Before starting the application process, please:
- Review the checklist at the end of this document, to take notice of all pre-requisites. You will need to have certain information ready, as well as certain supporting documents available electronically, without which you will not be able to complete your online application.
You will only be able to submit your online application once you have:
- Completed the full online application form, AND
- Uploaded all the necessary scanned supporting documents in .pdf format, AND
- Either paid the application fee by credit card OR uploaded proof of bank deposit at Standard Bank, Account Number 012602604 (see checklist) .
- If you have not clicked APPLY, your form has not been submitted.
Once your application has been successfully submitted after you have clicked VERIFY and APPLY:
- You will no longer be able to do any further editing of your application via the Online Application system.
- You will be informed by email what your allocated student number (EMPLID) is.
- You will also be sent other important procedures describing how to check your progress and application results on the student portal.
UP ADMISSION STATUS 2022
After successfully submitting the UP Application Form, next is to monitor your admission status. Your status can be checked on the institution’s online portal, in some cases, You may need to contact the Admissions office to get the University of Pretoria Application Status.
Students’ admission status is usually available at the University of Pretoria Student center.
If you want to enquire about the following, please email email@example.com or call 012 420 3111:
- You did not receive a confirmation letter.
- Your status indicates “awaiting results” despite the fact that you have already submitted your results as requested on your application form.
- You want to change your study programme.
Always state your name, surname, student number, ID number and contact number in your email and give an outline of your enquiry.
Check the correctness of your personal information as well as the status of your application on the MyUP Login(UP Portal) regularly.
Your Application status indicates that your application has been successfully submitted and other related information while the admission Status is proof that You have been admitted to study. Some Websites provide your direct admission status on the application portal. However, the admission list/letters is strong proof that you have been admitted.
UNIVERSITY OF PRETORIA APPLICATION FEE
- Application fees are waived for students who apply for studies at the University of Pretoria if your household income is lower than or equal to R150 000 per annum.
- Online applicants must upload proof of income in STEP 12 of the online application process. This will serve as proof of payment, to allow you to verify and apply your form. These documents will be verified.
Application Fee: When you submit your study application, you will need to pay an application fee of R300 (30 US Dollars) for 2022.
- Please note that the application fee is non-refundable.
- If your household income is more than R150 000 per annum please make use of the following payment options:
- Online credit card payment as part of this application submission, i.e. by paying with a valid credit card with sufficient funds and by entering the correct details.
- Note that the online application system can only process payments that reference valid credit card (Master, Visa, American Express or Diners Club) information, with sufficient funds.
- Use alternative mechanisms (eg Electronic Funds Transfer or a Bank deposit) to pay the application fee into the University of Pretoria’s bank account.
The Bank account into which payments can be made:
Standard Bank: Hatfield Branch (011545)
Swift code for internationals: SBZAZAJJ
Account number: 012602604
- When making such deposits please quote your Online Study Application Number that would have been emailed to you as the payment reference (typically in the form T1234567).
- When making such deposits you must retain the proof of payment as you will be required to scan the proof of payment and upload this PDF file together with your other supporting documents. Please note! Your last steps would be to VERIFY and click on APPLY.
Pro Tip: Apply before the closing date, postponement is the grave where opportunities are buried.
Download PDF to check the specific closing dates for UP Applications.
We hope this information was helpful , If You have any questions feel free to leave a comment in the comments session and We will respond accordingly.