University of Cape Town application forms| Check UCT application procedure below for 2023 academic year.
The following guidelines may be useful when you apply to UCT:
When to apply
Applications open on 1 April 2022 and close on 31 July 2022 for admission in 2023. Please try to submit your application as soon as possible. We do not consider late applications.
UCT undergraduate Application Forms
- 2023 _ Direction for undergraduate applicants_
- ug2023 application for undergraduate -admission-form (2)
Postgraduate application information
All postgraduate applicants must apply online.
- 2022 Directions for Postgraduate Applicants for applicants intending to enrol for study in 2022.
- 2023 Directions for Postgraduate Applicants for applicants intending to enrol in 2023.
- Postgraduate Studies at UCT – the essential guide for all prospective postgraduate students
- Apply for postgraduate degree funding.
Submitting results and documents
Current learners at school must make sure that all examination results from Grade 11 until September of grade 12 are submitted. Failure to submit these results may result in delays.
Transferring students should submit all transcripts and academic records as early as possible.
Documents must be submitted as certified electronic copies to firstname.lastname@example.org (undergraduate applicants) or email@example.com (postgraduate applicants). Please do not send your submissions to both email addresses as this will only delay the processing of your application.
Monitor your application
When we update your application, you will receive an email communication. Please monitor your email account closely for updates. You can also check your status online with the log-in credentials that we will send you after you apply. We are not permitted to disclose your application status telephonically.