Unicorn Preparatory School invites qualified applications to apply for the Deputy Headmaster and HoD Intersen Phase for 2023.
Local and National applications for a Deputy Headmaster and HoD for Intersen Phase (one post), are invited. The candidate must hold at least 10 years appropriate teaching experience and a minimum of 5 years management experience.
The candidate must oversee, motivate and be equipped to work with a highly motivated team.
The candidate must be willing to work closely with the HoD of the Foundation Phase and be prepared to integrate in all aspects of what the school offers. He/she will also be expected to take part in the school’s full extra-curricular programme. The Deputy Headmaster / HoD reports to the Headmaster and the Board of Governors.
Candidates who make the first round may be requested to undergo an psychometric evaluation to determine suitability for the post.
· Must have an appropriate teaching qualification (B Ed/PGCE),
· Knowledge of working with children at all age levels in a primary school,
· Must be a team player,
· Plan and oversee the school’s Intersen calendar liaising with a range of staff on the planning and scheduling of key events on a weekly, termly and yearly basis.
· Must be able to communicate and motivate new ideas,
· Leadership qualities in line with the expected job position,
· Must have an intimate knowledge of modern teaching methodology but at the same time be able to implement a successful CAPS curriculum,
· Excellent people skills, which must include negotiation, motivation and enthusiasm,
· Develop, monitor and update all policies and risk assessment procedures relating to the co-curricular programme.
· A passion for teaching, strong classroom management skills and a basic understanding of the development of children,
· Must be computer literate, and have a knowledge of Google products, Microsoft products and Smart Board teaching,
· Must be willing to engage in the school’s full programme, including all after hours and extra-curricular activities,
· An unequivocal commitment to working as part of an accomplished team,
· A commitment to on-going personal and professional development,
· An awareness of the nature of the school and willingness to commit to its all-round ethos and extra-curricular activities,
· Be willing to obtain a police clearance certificate and must have a clean criminal record,
· Must be SACE registered,
· Must have an excellent command of the English language,
· Must be able to fill in for the headmaster in his absence.
Applications should be sent as soon as possible. The closing date is Friday, 30 September 2022 at 12:00.
HOW TO APPLY
Please fill in an application by following this link – (only electronic submissions will be accepted).
Further documentation may be required and you will be contacted in this regard if necessary.
Please only send an application IF you meet all the above requirements. Applications that do not meet all the requirements, will not be considered.