Tourist Guide Institute | Register to study for 2023 academic year.
Tourist Guide Institute offers both full time and online courses to individuals who want to become registered tour guides and/or tour operators in South Africa.
What do I need to register as a tourist guide?
- Register online https://www.westerncape.gov.za/service/registration-tourist-guide
- Certified copy of ID document / Passport and Work Permit, Resident Permit, Refugee Status Document
- Certified copy of your First Aid Certificate (Level 1)
- Certified copy of the Wine Certificate (optional)
- Certified copy of Tourist Guide Institute Certificate (or other accredited provider)
- Certified Cathsseta Certificate or Cathsseta Letter of Competence
- Colour ID size photograph
- Certified copy of SA driver’s license and PDP (if you have one
- Certified copy of Highest Education Qualification
- Proficiency Language certificate (Should you apply to guide through the medium of another language besides English or any other official languages in RSA)
- R240 Registration Fee or R30 in the case of an extension