The South Africa SA Army Foundation are Distributors of authorised products, benefits and services, as well as luxury products to Army employees and their dependents. They are a Non-Profit Organisation (NPO), formed in 1956 and authorised by the Minisery of Defence.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
The bursary program is available for children of contributing members to the SA Army Foundation, studying full-time. Applicants must be studying or intend on studying at a recognised tertiary institution in South Africa, and must be studying in one of the following categories:
- Further Education and Training Certificate – National Certificate (NQF Level 2-4)
- Technical Education and Training Certificate – National Diploma/ Certificate (NQF Level N4 – N6)
- National Certificate (NQF Level 5)
- Higher Education – Bachelor’s Degree (NQF Level 6)
- National Diploma – Academic/ Technical (NQF Level 6)
The following expenses will be covered under the bursary scheme: registration, tuition, exam fees, books, study materials, accommodation and meals.
NOTE; only 3 bursaries are awarded per annually , based on academic merit and satisfaction of qualifying criteria.
Applicants must download and read the SA Army Foundation Bursary Rules (pdf) before applying.
Applicants must ensure that they meet the following criteria before applying:
- No older than 20 years old,
- Currently in Matric and intend on studying in the following year OR currently in first year of study,
- Have at least one parent contributing to the SA Army Foundation for no less than 24 consecutive months,
- Contributing parent currently employed by SANDF,
- Contributing parents income less than R15 000/month,
HOW TO APPLY
Follow the link for application SA Army Foundation Bursary Application Form (pdf).
The following supporting documents must accompany the complete application form:
- Applicants ID document (certified copy),
- Applicants latest Matric or first year results (certified copy),
- Member and spouses latest payslips (certified copies),
- Comprehensive estimated breakdown of study costs,
- Applicants motivational letter explaining why they would like to receive the bursary award,
- Recommendation from applicants teacher/ principal/ lecturer,
- Achievements from sport/ cultural/ extracurricular activities,
- Proof that applicant meets entry criteria for their chosen qualification.
Complete application forms and supporting documents must then be submitted to the SA Army Foundation Head Office (marked “Attention the Chairperson Adopt a Student”), via one of the following methods:
1) Post/ Hand-delivered:
The Chairperson Adopt a Student
SA Army Foundation Head Office
31 Super Drive Avenue
Clubview X 24
2) Fax: 0862994608, Attention the Chairperson Adopt a Student
3) Email: email@example.com, Attention the Chairperson Adopt a Student
Deadline; 30 September annually
contact the following for any queries
For bursary related queries, please contact
Tel: 012 675 9421