All adults who qualify to write the Senior Certificate (SC) examination can register starting now until 31 January 2022. The Department of Basic Education has confirmed that the SC examinations will be written in May/June 2022.
Period: 01 October 2021 – 31 January 2022
Manual registration: Any provincial education office (which includes the provincial head office, the district office or a circuit office).
Online registration: www.eservices.gov.za
Who qualifies to write the Senior Certificate Examination?
- Adult learners who are 21 years and older who have a General Education and Training Certificate (GETC); or a Grade school report (Or the old standard 7) confirming that they have passed Grade 9 or Standard 7: or a recognised equivalent qualification obtained at NQF Level which requires two official languages.
- Adult learners who are 21 years and older with an incomplete SC qualification.
- Adult learners who are 21 years and older with an incomplete NSC may choose to complete the NSC or covert it to SC. It is also important to note that if the candidate chose to convert the SC, they may not revert to NSC and attempt to complete the NSC qualification.
- Only in exceptional cases, out of school youth, who are aged 18-21 years and who were unable to complete their school education due to circumstances beyond their control as verified by the provincial HoD.
- Adult candidates who have already obtained a qualification but wish to improve their results/status.
For more information on registration criteria, subject choices and promotion requirements click here