Sassa R350 Grant Application is available online for the R350 Social Relief of Distress (SRD) grant. The grant starts on 6 August 2021 and ends in March 2022.
South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) will only be accepting new applications, meaning all previous beneficiaries of the R350 grant will have to reapply. The application process for 2021/2022 is simple, with the steps in the next subheading.
How To Apply for SASSA Grant Application for R350
Before applying, applicants need to ensure that they fit the eligibility criteria:
- South African citizens/permanent residents/refugees/asylum seekers/holders of special permits
- Have no alternative source of income or financial support from any other source
- Between the ages of 18 and 60
The new cycle of the grant is also open to Caregivers who are not receiving any grant on their own behalf.
SASSA r350 grant Online Application 2022
- SASSA website – https://srd.sassa.gov.za
- Email – email@example.com
- WhatsApp: 082 046 8553 (send a Whatsapp message to this number. Make sure to include your name, surname and ID number in the Whatsapp message. You will then receive a message which will detail the next steps you need to follow.)
- USSD line: Dial *134*7737# and follow the prompts
- GovChat: https://govchat.app/login
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/govchat.org
All applicants will need to sign a declaration and consent form, as SASSA will be working with other institutions to verify details provided by applicants.
- Identity Number or Department of Home Affairs Refugee permit number
- Name and Surname as captured in the Identity Document
- Gender and Disability
- Contact details – Cell phone number
- Residential Address