GIBB invites applicants to apply for Professional Architect or Snr. Architectural Technologist opportunity .
Introduction SVA International Architects & Urban Designers are a subsidiary of the GIBB Group of Companies. Our vibrant Cape Town studio requires the placement of new talented staff, to assist with the production and delivery of our current workload. Please find the below requirements for your information:
Engaging in all stages of the architectural and/or urban design process, and working within a team structure in the SVA Cape Town office as a Professional Architect / Professional Snr. Architectural Technologists. Specific focus will be on the design development and on-site delivery of complex projects.
Key Performance Areas (KPAs)
- Develop and manage design, development, and delivery of projects
- Produce design documentation aligned to the design brief
- Assist management with the coordination of the project team and program
- The ability to develop design options in collaboration with the design team
- Utilizing CAD and other software and equipment to prepare project designs and construction documentation.
- Works in tandem with highly collaborative multi-discipline design teams
- Engage proactively in the design and production discourse and processes in the Cape Town office.
- Ability to work independently, and to prescribed deadlines and standards.
- Contribute to the office culture and the success of the SVA brand.
- M.Arch or B.Tech
- Professional SACAP registration
Experience and Skills
- 3-5 years post-qualification experience
- Experience in all architectural work stages, with an emphasis on work stages 4-6
- Advanced Autodesk Revit skill-set
- Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite skill-set
- Strong graphic, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving and technical skills
- Large-scale commercial architecture experience; retail experience would be beneficial.
- Strong design development and construction detailing capability
- Experience at delivering projects on site
- Ability to function in a team, under pressure.
- Ambition to work on a wide variety of commercial architecture projects at various scales.
- A self-starter, who is driven to gain experience and skills, while adding value.
- Aptitude to learn through experience and from others.
The remuneration package, which includes medical aid, pension and group life cover will be commensurate with experience.
If shortlisted, SVA would like to setup an interview with candidates to assess skills and character.
Recommended starting date is April-May 2023, or sooner.
This position is for a Permanent or Limited Term Contract, for placement in the Cape Town office. Candidates should be in Cape Town, and be able to attend the office.
Employment equity will be considered.