The Premier’s Advancement of Youth (PAY) Project opportunities are open for matriculants to gain workplace experience in the Western Cape Government (WCG). Apply now before the closing date.
Premier’s Advancement of Youth Project
Applications for the First Work Experience PAY Project open annually.
The programme provides matriculants between the ages of 17-24 with work experience and training within one of the 13 Western Cape Government Departments from 1 April 2022 till 31 March 2023.
- 24 years old or younger.
- wrote and passed the National Senior Certificate (NSC) in the Western Cape.
- not going to study further in 2022.
- South African citizen, residing in the Western Cape.
- have no network or support to help you make informed career choices.
- not sure of your next step after school.
- financially constrained (household income less than R350,000 p/a)
HOW TO APPLY
- Complete the online application form at: https://sayouth.mobi/p/WCDoTP/o/196970 (applications open on Wednesday, 05 January 2022).
- Come prepared to write a brief statement regarding your key skills and abilities, key achievements and experiences and career objectives.
- Closing Date for applications: Wednesday, 26 January 2022.
- If you don’t have an email address, create one at a free email site like Gmail or Yahoo. You will need it to apply.
- You must register on the South African Youth Network before you can apply. This platform is administered by Harambee: https://sayouth.mobi/p/WCDoTP/o/196970
- Once you have registered successfully, you’ll be able to apply.
- Please save your username and password in a secure place so that you are able to access it should you need to.
- Find the public library closest to you with internet access.
- Find the Thusong Service Centre closest to you and determine if they have internet.
We’ll be verifying each applicant’s National Senior Certificate (NSC) results with the Western Cape Education Department as well as any other relevant documentation.
Applicants will only be appointed once they’ve passed a security check, which includes having their fingerprints taken.
Applicants must ensure that they open bank accounts before undergoing a personal security check.
Applicants must also ensure that they register with SARS to obtain a tax number before the personnel security check.