Ozow Software Engineering Graduate Programme | Apply for for 2023.
- Currently enrolled in a National Diploma/ Bachelor’s/ Honours/ Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related fields at the time of application due to be completed at the end of 2022.
- Ability to develop software in C#, Java, Python and other programming languages (polyglots preferred).
- Knowledge of relational databases, SQL and ORM technologies (EF, NHibernate) beneficial.
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases such as Redis, Riak, MongoDB, and others beneficial.
- Experience developing web applications, with a good understanding of how the web works.
- Experience with unit testing beneficial.
- Understanding DevOps principals beneficial.
- Experience in AWS and/or Azure beneficial.
- Experience with containerisation (Docker/Kubernetes) beneficial.
- A true believer of agile methodologies.
- Communication. You speak and write clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. You know when and how much information to communicate. You maintain this standard in all forms of written communication.
- Flexibility/ adaptability. You adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions. You cope effectively with complexity and change.
- High standards. You expect personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best.
- Honesty/ integrity. You do not cut corners ethically. You earn trust and maintain confidence of your team. You do what is right, not just what is politically expedient. You speak plainly and truthfully.
- Innovation. You generate new and innovative approaches to problems.
- Intelligence. You learn quickly. You demonstrate the ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Proactivity. You act without being told what to do. You bring new ideas to the company.
- Problem solving. You are able to solve problems by analysing situations and applying critical thinking in order to resolve problem. You are able to decide on courses of action and implement the solutions developed in order to overcome problems and constraints.
- Teamwork. You reach out to peers and cooperate with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Work ethic. You possess a strong willingness to work hard and sometimes long hours to get the job done. You have a track record of working hard.
- Step One: Our Talent Team will carefully review your application in line with the job description from the 1st of May 2022.
- Step Two: If there is a match, we will invite you to spend a day with the Tech team, to learn more about Ozow and have the opportunity to compete in a fun Hackathon and win some awesome prizes. Hackathon dates are 2nd July 2022 in Cape Town and 9th of July 2022 in Johannesburg.
- Step Three: There will be an interview with members of our Technology team, who will work closely with you in this role.
- Step Four: Our Chief Technology Officer and Chief People Officer will meet with you online before finalising the hiring process.