Old Mutual Accounting bursaries are available to support the brightest young financial minds and those with a strong passion for pursuing a career in Chartered Accounting. Our comprehensive bursary covers everything a student needs, including accommodation, food, flights from the student’s home town to the university town, an allowance, and vacation work. Furthermore, bursary recipients will be required to work for Old Mutual after completing their studies during their trainee articles. Our bursaries provide a valuable stepping stone to help you achieve your future career goals. Don’t miss this opportunity to make a difference in the financial sector with Old Mutual. Apply now for an Old Mutual Accounting bursary.
Requirements and eligibility
To qualify for the Old Mutual bursary, you must meet the following requirements:
Score a minimum of 70% in Mathematics (not Maths Literacy)
Achieve at least 60% for English HL or 70% for English FAL
Attain at least 70% for all other subjects
Be enrolled or have applied to study at one of the following universities:
- Nelson Mandela University
- North-West University
- Rhodes University
- Stellenbosch University
- University of Cape Town
- University of Fort Hare
- University of Johannesburg
- University of Kwa-Zulu Natal
- University of Pretoria
- University of South Africa
- University of the Free State
- University of the Western Cape
- University of the Witwatersrand
The Application Process
- Download and complete the bursary motivation form then complete the online application which includes a gamified assessment (it is not timed). You will be required to attach a one-page CV.
- Shortlisted candidates will be sent a link to complete psychometric assessments.
- Finalists will be invited to a selection day where we will conduct interviews.
- Should you be selected after the interview you will receive a provisional offer which will be confirmed once we receive your final matric results and proof of acceptance at University for an Actuarial Science or Accounting Science programme.
Required Documentation (to be included in the application)
- One pager CV (click for advice)
- Bursary Motivation Form (click, download and complete the form)
- School Reports for Grade 10 – 12
- Matric Certificate (if applicable)
- University acceptance/conditional acceptance letter (if applicable)
- NBT Statement (if applicable)
- Full Academic Transcript (applicable to current University students only)
- ID Copy
- Head and Shoulders Photo
- Parental/guardian consent is required if you are under 18.
- Preference will be given to candidates from under-represented designated groups, including candidates with disabilities.
- Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged background or demonstrate financial need.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applications close 31 July 2023 (23:59)
If you have any queries, contact the Old Mutual Early Careers team by emailing email@example.com
Show a commitment to entering the Old Mutual CA Training Programme and working for the company after graduation.
Take the first step towards a successful career in finance with Old Mutual. Apply for our bursary today!