The Northern Cape Department of Education (NCDoE) regards early enrolment as a priority for the start of a successful school year. The NCDoE will be opening the 2023 Online Learner Admissions from 23 May 2022 at 09:00 until 20 June 2022 at 24:00, only for Grades R, 1 & 8 applications. Parents/ Legal Guardians can apply directly to schools for admission and placements for all other grades.
Parents must log on to the NCDOE Online Learner Admissions website at www.ncdoeadmissions.org to complete the application process which consists of 3 steps, (1) Parent/ legal guardian registration (2) Learner profiling and (3) Application. Parents must complete all three steps for the application to be completed.
The following documents must be submitted within 7 days after making an application:
South African citizens:
- A copy of the Parent/Legal guardian ID (or sworn affidavit in a case where the parent / legal guardian does not have an identity document);
- Proof of Home address (A Municipal Account in the name of the parent with the home address used during application OR A legal lease agreement between the tenant and the owner of the property / Landlord);
- Child’s Birth certificate or an affidavit or a sworn statement;
- Clinic Card / Proof of immunisation (Gr R and 1);
- The most recent Grade 7 learner progress report.
Non-South African citizens:
- Learner valid study permit/ Asylum Seeker/ Refugee Permit/ Temporary or Permanent residence issued by DHA;
- Parent/ Legal Guardian Passport/ Asylum Seeker/ Refugee Permit/ Temporary or Permanent residence issued by DHA;
- Proof of Home address (A Municipal Account in the name of the parent with the home address used during application OR A legal lease agreement between the tenant and the owner of the property / Landlord)
- Proof of immunisation (Gr R and 1)
- The most recent Grade 7 learner progress report
All the applications will be considered and recommended as successful or unsuccessful applications based on the following ranked criteria :
- If the applicant learner(s) already has (have) a sibling attending the school of application in the year of submission (sibling means a learner who has at least one parent who is also the parent of the learner already attending that school.
- If the place of residence of the applicant learner(s) is in the same suburb as the school applied to;
- If the place of residence (residential suburb) of the applicant learner(s) is adjacent to the suburb of the school applied to;
- Applicant learner(s) whose parent/ guardian is an employee at the school applied to;
- If places remain after all the above-mentioned applicants have been offered places, other applicants, in the order of the position of the application should be recommended.
The above-mentioned directives with regard to the criteria shall not apply to special schools, technical schools, schools of skill or industrial schools.
In preparation for the 2023 learner admissions, the Department has issued Circular No 17 of 2022 to guide schools and amend the timeframes to manage the online learner admissions process in Public Ordinary Schools.
For further information visit the NCDoE’s website at
Please contact the Call Centre on:
- 053 874 7012/64
- 053 874 7161/89
- 053 874 7239/92
We further appeal to all parents/legal guardians to adhere to the stipulated time frame for application for admission of learners for the 2023 school academic year from 23 May 2022 – 20 June 2022.