Independent Media invites applicants to apply for multimedia journalist position in Cape Town. Apply now before the closing date.
- Produce stories that are well researched, accurate, balanced and well written.
- Produce high-quality stories that are error-free and ready for publication for all platforms.
- Produce regular front page leads
- Produce regular feature articles and curated content
- Establish a strong network of contacts.
- Editing copy that complies with legal, style and space requirements.
- Follow-up stories.
- Use social media to drive readership.
- Supply links, pictures, audio and or videos.
- Use social media to break news and engage with online audience.
- Generate ideas for unique story packages and community focus and reader engagement.
- Manage a personal diary.
- Initiate stories.
- Meet the deadline demand of the title whilst projecting a positive image.
- Any other functions as and when required.
- A thorough understanding of issues affecting Cape Town and South Africa
- Must have a tertiary qualification in journalism or equivalent.
- Must have and be able to supply a contactable list of high profile contacts.
- Have a strong presence on social media with a number of followers.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have extensive contact base.
- Excellent command of English.
- Must be fully computer literate, including the use of all social media applications
- Must have at least 3–5 years journalism experience working on multiple platforms
- Having a formal training qualification in multimedia journalism would be advantageous.
- Have a flair for tackling and writing a wide variety of stories.
- Be technologically well advanced on all social network platforms
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills in gathering news and presenting news
- Have excellent interpersonal skills in dealing with high level contacts
- Must have the ability to think creatively.
- Be a self – starter that shows initiative and ability to work independently.
- Be extremely motivated and driven to work in a highly pressurised, fast pace environment.
- Be highly flexible working long, irregular hours nightshift, weekends and public holidays
- Be prepared to travel long distances across the province and country.
- The ability to work under constant deadlines pressure
Closing date 22 Sep
How to apply
Apply by email
Or apply with your Biz CV
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.