Information technology solutions provider invites applicants who are senior technical specialist. Apply now before the closing date.
- Assist with the installation, configuration and on-going usability of desktop computers, peripheral equipment and software
- The position responsibility requires independent analyses, communication and problem solving
- Work is performed with little supervision and requires initiative and judgment
- To Progress / Close incidents to satisfactory conclusion on the incident system
- Works with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems
- Ensure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems
- Work with procurement staff to purchase hardware and software
- Assesses functional needs to determine specifications for purchases
- Provide a mentor and training role to co-workers
- 3-4 years’ experience with Windows 10, Windows 7/8 and MS Office 2003-2016.
- Experience supporting MacOS
- Configuring Microsoft Office applications/Basic troubleshooting in Word, Excel, and Outlook etc.
- Microsoft Office 365 experience with Outlook, OneDrive, Skype for business and SharePoint.
- Experience troubleshooting hardware issues and replacing hardware on both desktops and laptop computers.
- Experience installing/uninstalling software, patches, updates on desktops and laptops.
- Advanced understanding and troubleshooting, of how a network functions/communicates/integrates with end devices and systems
- Knowledge of networking hardware, cable, Wi-Fi, fibre, switches, routers, access points
- Knowledge of WAN technology 3G, Diginet, ADSL, Satellite, etc.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networks, troubleshooting, diagnostics, VPN troubleshooting, routing
- Knowledge of printers: installing of network/USB printers, configuring scanning, sharing, physical setup and troubleshooting
- Knowledge regarding, routers (logging into a router, basic configuration)
- Knowledge of anti-virus and virus removal
- Correct loading and reloading procedures of computers and servers, restoring of data, loading of drivers & software.
- Basic Server knowledge: sharing, security, basic Active Directory knowledge creating domain accounts and understanding of Active Directory
- Providing excellent customer service
Education and training:
- Grade 12
- MS Certification (essential requirement)
Personal attributes and skills required:
- Ability to work without supervision
- Good communication skills
- Show Initiative
- Ability to multi task
- Good at problem solving
- Provide excellent Customer Service
- Valid Code 08 drivers license
- Fluent in Afrikaans and English
Closing date 19 Sep