How to Register For An Amended Senior Certificate

Are you ready  to rewrite your matric exams to obtain your Amended Senior Certificate but you’re unsure of how to register? This article will provide guidelines to do so .For information check below…

If you have been out of high school for more than 5 years and you want to rewrite your matric exams then you will have to register for an Amended Senior Certificate (SC). The SC is equivalent to the National Senior Certificate (NSC


Well, candidates may register at any provincial education office (which includes the provincial head office, the district office or a circuit office) or they can register online on

Candidates will have to submit the following in order to be registered:

  • Completed registration form
  • A certified copy of your ID document or birth certificate or passport (foreign candidates)
  • Repeater candidates must attach a copy of their previous highest qualification
  • If you have you entered and wrote any other Grade 12 or equivalent examination before you will need to supply the examination numbers for those exams.

Candidates can only qualify for the SC examinations if they meet the following requirements:

  • they have a grade 9 certificate, OR
  • they have not completed their matric certificate,
  • they are over the age of 21 when they write their examinations. However, they can be 19 years old when they apply.


Candidates do not have to worry if they do not pass the examinations as they can rewrite these SC examinations whenever they like, though they will have to wait longer to achieve their academic goals.

There are several opportunities to get the matric qualification, such as Matric upgrade which is for those who wish to improve the marks of certain subjects without having to rewrite all the matric exams and Adult Matric which is for those who have been out of school for more than 5 years and wish to complete matric.

The Department of Basic Education facilitates Matric rewrites through the Second Chance Matric Programme. The Programme provides support for NSC Supplementary Exams, NSC Progressed Learners, Amended Senior Certificate (SC) and Part-time NSC Candidates.

Visit the DBE website for more information. 


For more information  contact Us. If You have any problem with the  application form or anything else You can leave a comment below and We will respond.

Guess this information on Association for Educational Transformation was helpful, If Yes, Share then with others.

Leave a Reply