The Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University (SMU) residence Online Applications form for 2022/2023 academic session is open .
“SMU housing portal, SMU off campus housing, SMU upper division housing, SMU housing phone number, SMU application deadline, SMU daniel house, SMU graduate housing, SMU portal SMU contact details.”
Table of Contents [hide]
Student Residence SMU
READ ALSO : How to Apply for UNISA Hostel 2022
SMU Housing Time Table
- Returning-resident reapplication opens in mid-January.
- The new student housing application opens in late January.
- The re-application room selection period begins for returning students.
- New-student applications continue.
- Summer school application opens approximately March 15.
- The cancellation deadline for juniors and seniors is April 1.
- Graduate-student housing application opens.
- Student accounts are billed for fall-semester returning-resident room rent.
- New-student applications completed by May 10 take priority for assignment in June.
- Graduate rooms are assigned.
- Roommate request deadline for incoming students is June 1.
- Assignments are made for incoming students.
- Student accounts are billed for fall-semester new-student room rent.
- Incoming students receive notification of their assigned community and room type (double or single occupancy).
- Move-in information is provided, and sign-up begins on the SMU Housing Portal for move-in times.
- Roommate notification is sent by email with roommate name and SMU email.
- New-student move-in for Stampede is August 20.
- Returning-student move-in is August 22.
- New-student housing application opens in mid-October for students admitted for the spring semester.
- Student accounts are billed for spring-semester returning room rent.
- New spring applications completed by November 25 take priority for assignment in December.
- Approximately December 22, incoming spring-semester students are assigned and receive notification by email of their community, room type (double/single), and move-in information.
SMU Residence Requirements
SMU requires most incoming students to live on campus for two years. Living on campus is important for having the most robust and fulfilling SMU experience.
- First-year students must live on campus for their first two years at SMU and are assigned to 1 of 11 Residential Commons.
- New transfer students who are under 20 years old have a one-year residency requirement and are assigned either to a Residential Commons or to Upper-Division Housing.
- New transfer students who are over 20 years old have no requirement to live on campus but may apply and be assigned on a space-available basis.
SMU Student Residence Applications
Applying is easy. We take you step by step based on who you are—incoming first-year or transfer student, returning resident, current student not living on campus, or graduate student.
Incoming First-Year and Transfer Students
Welcome incoming first-year and transfer students! Below are the first steps to get you started with an on-campus housing application. As you work through the process, we are here to help! Get in touch if you have questions or if we can be of any assistance.
- Once you gain admittance to SMU, accept your offer of admission.
- Pay your admission deposit.
- Allow one to two business days for access to the housing application.
- Log into the SMU Housing Portal using your SMU user ID and password.
- Follow the step-by-step directions to complete your application.
- If you haven’t received instructions by email within three weeks of paying your deposit, email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your name and SMU ID number.
We are excited to have you back! Returning residents are rising sophomores, juniors, seniors, and graduate students. Reapply for SMU on-campus housing on the SMU Housing Portal during the advertised reapplication period in February and March each year. No housing deposit is required.
Current SMU Students Not Living On Campus
New graduate students may request an application from Residence Life & Student Housing (RLSH) beginning in March. New graduate students must pay a $100 non-refundable housing deposit. Email email@example.com for availability.