How to Apply for Replacement certificate Change of status
If you wrote matric in more than one examination sitting and you want to combine your credits to qualify for a National Certificate, i.e. Senior Certificate (SC) or National Senior Certificate (NSC), you must apply for Replacement certificate: change of status. The department does not automatically combine your credits, unless you wrote a supplementary examination.
You can apply for confirmation statement of results while waiting for the National Certificate.
What should you do?
- Pay the prescribed fee by postal order at the Post Office, cash at DBE/PED office or by cheque.
- Go to the nearest DBE/PED offices with the following documents:
- Your results from all examination sittings
- The original identity document (ID) and a certified copy.
- The proof of payment
- Alternatively you can download form, fill it in and post it with the attached documents including the postal order to: Private Bag X895, Pretoria, 0001
How long does it take?
It takes four to six weeks for Replacement certificate: change of status. The combination statement of results is obtainable immediately.
How much does it cost?
It will cost you R153.00 for the Replacement certificate, and if you want a statement of results, it will cost you an additional R55.00. These fees are valid from 01 April 2022 until 31 March 2023.
Form to fill