How much NSFAS pays for accommodation. Check how much the Nsfas will fund for accommodation.
Nsfas does pay for these types of accommodation:
- Institution owned off-campus residences
- Institution owned on-campus residences
- Institution leased private accommodation
- Private off-campus accredited accommodation
- Accredited private residences
How much does Nsfas pay for accomodation
All institution owned or leased, as well as private accommodation, will be capped at R45,000 per academic year. Private accommodation allowances will be required to be paid directly to private accommodation service providers by Nsfas or institutions.
Students living in institution-catered accommodation qualify for a maximum allowance capped at R60,750 per annum (accommodation allowance that is inclusive of the living allowance and personal care).