The Gauteng Provincial (GPL) Internship Programme is open for qualified applicants .Apply now before the closing date.
The Gauteng Provincial (GPL) Internship Programme is a 24 -month fixed term contract which provides workplace experience. It allows one to gain valuable work experience and provides interns with an opportunity to obtain an understanding of the GPL, its values and work ethic. The applicants need to have completed at least their undergraduate degree or degree equivalent by the end of 2021.
The objective of the GPL Internship Programme is to assist graduates and people with qualifications to obtain workplace experience and the GPL to contribute to the up skilling of individuals as per the Skills Development Act.
The Gauteng Provincial Legislature (GPL) has Internship opportunities in the following Business Areas:
Audit Risk and Governance – Reference No 310322/01 (1 position)
(Preferred Qualification: Matric; B-Degree with Risk Management as a major)
Time management • Interpersonal skills • Communication skills • Planning & Organizational Skills.
READ ALSO South African National Parks Internship programme
All Applicants must have a qualification in one of the fields listed above. For application, candidates should submit a detailed CV, certified copies of certificates, transcripts, identity document and a cover letter to the GPL by no later than CLOSE OF BUSINESS 8 APRIL 2022.
- Applicants must be South African citizens.
- Applicant must be between the age of 18-35.
- Preference will be given to applicants who reside in Gauteng.
- Must have no previous criminal convictions or pending cases.
- Applicants must be unemployed, never employed in field of the advertised post and never participated in an Internship Programme.
- It remains the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).
- Applicants are restricted to apply for only three positions that is most suitable to your qualification and complete separate application forms for each post reference number.
- Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates.
The 24 months internship programme will commence on 1st May 2022 until 30 April 2024. Interns will receive a stipend of R7 000 per month and are encouraged to send their CV’s before or on 8 April 2022 to be considered for shortlisting.
Failure to submit required documents will result in the application not being considered.
A candidate that was previously employed under any internship programme or currently employed will not be considered.
NB: The Gauteng Provincial Legislature is committed to the achievement and maintenance of employment equity and diversity especially in respect of race, gender and disability. People with disabilities are particularly encouraged to apply. Appointment will be made subject to completion of background/reference checks. Potential candidates for the post will be subjected to security vetting and screening by State Security Agency, and appointment to the post will be determined by positive results from such screening and vetting. The Secretary of the Legislature reserves the right to approve or decline the appointment.