The Funza Lushaka Bursary is open for all qualified applicants .Check the Funza Lushaka bursary application process ,opening dates and the closing dates below.
All first time applicants must be 30 years or younger to apply for Funza Lushaka Bursary. The Funza Lushaka Bursary Programme is a multi-year programme to promote teaching as a profession.
Bursaries are available to enable selected students to complete a teaching qualification in identified areas of priority. Recipients of these bursaries will be required to teach at a public school for the same number of years that they receive
Any academically gifted, young –
- learners, currently in Grade 12;
- graduates who want to complete a teaching qualification (enrol for a PGCE);
- people who want to make a career change and become teachers; and
- unemployed people who want to become teachers.
Prospective bursars must first gain admission at a higher education institution (HEI). The Financial Aid Office and/or the Faculty/School of Education at the HEI will have information on how to apply for the bursary.
- The bursary is only awarded to South African citizens with a valid South African ID number.
- Allocation of Funza Lushaka bursaries to Higher Education Institution employees, their spouse and their dependents/children is not permissible.
- Bursary applicants must already have been accepted into a either BEd or PGCE qualification at an at an accredited public University.
- The applicant must also meet the national selection criteria for the Funza Lushaka bursary.
- The bursary will only be awarded if two of the priority area subjects are included as a specialisation in the teaching qualification.
- The applicant should demonstrate good academic ability.
- The applicant must show commitment to a teaching career, which includes: interest in working with
- young people; enthusiasm for a professional career in teaching; readiness to face and surmount difficult challenges and personal integrity.
- Bachelor of Education (BEd)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE)
Distance education and part-time students are eligible for a bursary provided they are eligible in all other respects.
Expenses covered may include tuition fees, accommodation including meals, books and learning materials, and if possible a small allowance for monthly living expenses The allocation to any individual student is capped at a specific value. Where the HEI charges more than the capped value the bursars will have to top up from own funds.
- Applications for the Funza Lushaka bursary for 2022 will open on 01/10/2021
- Please note that there are a limited number of new bursaries available for 2022
- New applicants are advised to also pursue other funding opportunities such as NSFAS
- The outcome of the selection process will be available from the University not later than 30/04/2022
- The bursary targets students who are younger than 30 years of age
- Monday 16 January 2023
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
- Open the e-Gov portal at www.eservices.gov.za
- Register by providing personal information
- Login to the system using user name and password created when registering
- On the e-Services Menu select Funza Lushaka Bursary Scheme
- Enter the OTP received on the preferred channel
- Accept the Terms and Conditions
- On the dashboard menu click on the 2022 application button
- Follow the steps to complete the required field with your information
- Accept the declaration to confirm the information captured