French Speaking Events Operation Manager job opportunities is open at Vuka group. Apply now before the closing date.
- Responsible for following up on operations brief from event managers in order to deliver the event and help with the costings of the event.
- Ensuring systems and processes are implemented for the delivery of event such as milestones, schedules, manuals etc.
- Attend meetings with internal project team members to update and communicate operations milestones, challenges and deadlines to add to the event.
- Drafting an operations strategy in line with the overall event strategy to ensure a fresh and innovative approach.
- Ensure that all suppliers are paid before employees and clients travel.
Internal customer service and support
- Compiling of the travel packs, this includes documents such as:
- Flight E-Ticket.
- Hotel confirmation and contact person.
- Car rental Voucher.
- Transfer company and contact person – number.
- Arranging all employees travel per diems together with the CPs.
- Assist employees with visas where appropriate.
- Compiling and distributing employees’ manual with relevant travel and event information timeously.
- Planning and booking all internal teams travel relating to the delivery of the event.
- Maintain library of employees details for travel.
- Organise freighting and transport of goods to and from an event.
- Assisting the Operations Director with any other ad hoc tasks as required.
- Operations person will be responsible for travelling to the event prior to show day to manage and oversee setup and build-up of event as well as breakdown of the event.
- Actively involved on the show floor during all periods of tenancy and ensuring all contractors are fulfilling their obligations and that the show is built correctly against all relevant plans and schedules.
Exhibitor and sponsorship fulfilment
- Involvement with fulfilment of sponsorship packages, to include an understanding of the balance between meeting expectations and remaining within budget and meet on a regular basis with sales people on sponsorship delivery.
- Involvement in post-show analysis and reporting.
- Reviewing achievements and processes and making recommendations for future improvements.
- Accurate record keeping of all travel documentation for auditing purposes and management accounting.
Administration and budget management
- Ensuring all written documentation for exhibitors, visitors, delegates and contractors are kept up to date with the necessary changes eg: changes in legislation, changes to venue rules or show requirements.
- Fulfilling all budgetary requirements in completing the given show elements as listed above. To include raising purchase orders, updating budget sheets, obtaining final costs and signing off invoices.
- Manage hotel room blocks.
- Manage AMEX and hotel group points.
- Update travel budgets.
- Log all travel and costs in SEMS per show – this includes transfers, flights, accommodation, car hire.
- Update the travel budget regularly per event and send updates 6 -12 months out month and thereafter biweekly.
- Assisting event managers with forecast requirements.
Supplier and contractor management
- Developing and maintaining key supplier, contractor and venue working relationships.
- Negotiate commission from all suppliers.
- Regular contact with the hotels on their occupancy levels.
- Renegotiate with hotels extension of room block cut-off dates 2 weeks prior to room block cut-off date.
- To meet and brief in writing all contractors, venues, suppliers to ensure they are clear on delivery.
Project management and development
- Understand the principles of floor plan design, to include venue rules and health and safety parameters, and ensure these are incorporated.
- Responsibility for the accuracy of floor plans at all stages. Give guidance to sales teams on floor plan design where necessary.
- Control of event inventory including ensuring store room is clean and organised at all times, inventory is checked in and out as well as reporting collateral to be repaired.
- Understanding all elements of the show. For example AV, Interpretation, stand fitting, carpet, electrics, feature areas, furniture hire, security, traffic, venue liaison, staffing, cleaning, registration, signage, catering etc. Ability to understand the main principles of each of these elements and to take ownership.
- Attending relevant training as required, including health & safety training.
- Developing a thorough understanding of health & safety principles and ensuring all parties are in compliance. Completing all show health & safety related documentation and ensuring the correct sign off of these documents.
- Research fresh ideas to improve product and service delivery.
READ ALSO Social Media work opportunities at Talented 2023
- Must have 3-5 years experience is a similar operations role within the events/exhibition industry.
- Fluent in both French and English, both verbal and written.
- Currently residing in Cape Town with a valid work permit.
- Prior experience of dealing with senior level managers within a business.
- Understanding of operational and venue procedures.
- Proven experience in line managing including recruiting, coaching and setting objectives.
- Proven experience in budget management and cost control.
- Ability to remain calm in busy and fast paced environment.
- Organised and methodical.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to deal with a broad range of people at every level
- Self-motivated, pro-active and able to take responsibility.
- Able to work within a team.
- An astute negotiator.
- Problem solver.
- Attention to detail.
- Experience in working with a number of contractors.
- Ability to meet deadlines and resolve problems under pressure.
- Effective time management.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office, internet and email.