How to apply for SASSA for the Covid-19 SRD. Have you applied to SASSA for the Covid-19 SRD on their electronic platform? Did you get a notification that your application was rejected? Do you disagree with that decision?
If you answered “YES” to all 3 questions, you may, within a period of 30 days but not exceeding 90 days, appeal SASSA’s decision to the Independent Tribunal for Social Assistance Appeals (ITSAA). To do so, follow these steps:
- Double check that the information you provided to SASSA, which is reflected on the SRD DSD Appeal Electronic Platform is complete and correct.
- Where necessary, update your contact information by clicking on this link. This is very important in the event that your appeal is successful. If your appeal is successful the Independent Tribunal will direct SASSA to initiate the payment of the Covid-19 SRD directly to you and accordingly need to have your correct contact information.
- After updating your information on the link provided, if applicable, click “Save” and thereafter you will be automatically redirected back to the SRD DSD Appeal website to continue to lodge your appeal.
- Appellants or their proxy will have to confirm that they have read and accepted the clauses in the Declaration and Consent Documents.
- Click “Submit” and look out for the confirmation message on the page that your application was submitted successfully.
- Please note, an appeal application needs to be lodged in relation to each month where a person is rejected by SASSA, if in disagreement with the decision.
The Independent Tribunal will inform you of the outcome of your appeal electronically, within a period of 60 – 90 days from lodging of the appeal.For further assistance contact:
Department of Social Development
Independent Tribunal for Social Assistance Appeals (ITSAA)
Private Bag x 901, Pretoria, 0001
Tel: 012 312 7727
Fax: 086 534 3124 or 086 216 371