Department of Public Works vacancies are open for application. Apply now for available jobs
GROUNDSMAN: WATER CARE REF NO: 2022/201
- ABET where applicable with 0- 2 years relevant experience as a groundsman
SECURITY OFFICER: SECURITY MANAGEMENT REF NO: 2022/200 (X4 POSTS)
- Grade 10/ ABET level 3 plus Grade B (PSIR A), Basic communication, client liaison, basic security training, utilisation of firefighting equipment, evacuation processes.
- Relevant experience.
- Knowledge of legislative framework, Control of Access to Public Premises and Vehicles Act 53 of 1985. OHSA & First Aid, Basic literacy, basic communication.
- Knowledge of personnel movement within the work premises, Being able to receive people and refer them as required, Basic Computer skills, Basic report writing skills, client orientation, Problem solving, Polite and friendly, Being able to present the image of the Department, High tactful and diplomatic, Creativity, ability to work in a team, ability to work under pressure, Hardworking, high standard of integrity, excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be prepared to work abnormal working hours/shifts.
- A driver’s license will be an added advantage
BOILER OPERATOR: WORKSHOP REF NO: 2022/199 (X3 POSTS)
- Senior Certificate/ Grade 12 and an equivalent recognized national steam certificate.
- Operation of machinery.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Basic literacy.
- Technical skills.
- Knowledge of Boiler Operation.
- Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Operation of equipment, tools and materials. Knowledge of general built environment.
HOW TO APPLY
CLOSING DATE : 10 June 2022 at 16H00
Kindly take note that with effect from 01 January 2021, DPSA approved the new Z83 Application Form (obtainable from any Public Service department); applicants are requested to use the new application form as failure to do so will result in their application being disqualified.
The Z83 form must be signed when submitted, To streamline the recruitment process to be more responsive to the public, as well as to create more protective measures during the pandemic by avoiding over-crowding and curb the costs incurred by applicants such measures should include the following regarding certification: Advertisement and accompanying notes must clearly capture the requirements for the certification to reflect that applicants must submit application with the following attachment (1) copies of qualifications, (2) identity document and (3) driver’s licence (where applicable) and any other relevant documents, such copies need not be certified when applying for the post. The communication from the HR of the department regarding requirements of certified documents will be limited to shortlisted candidates.
Therefore only shortlisted candidates for a post will be required to submit certified documents on or before the day of the interview following communication from HR. The application for employment Form (Z83) provides under the sectional “additional information” that candidates who are selected for interviews will be requested to furnish additional certified information that may be requested to make final decision. It must be borne in mind that when a document is certified as a true copy of an original, the certifier only confirms it being a true copy of the original presented. Therefore, the certification process does not provide validation of the authenticity of the original document. The validation occurs when the documents is verified for authenticity.
Regulation 67 (9) requires the executive authority to ensure that he or she is fully satisfied of the claims being made and these read with Regulations (57) (c) which requires the finalisation of Personnel Suitability Checks in order to verify claims and check the candidate for purpose of being fit and proper for employment. Applications not complying with the above will be disqualified. Should you not have heard from us within the next months, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Note: It is the responsibility of all applicants to ensure that foreign and other qualifications are evaluated by SAQA. Recognition of prior learning will only be considered on submission of proof by candidates. Kindly note that appointment will be subject to verification of qualifications and a security clearance.
Faxed or late applications will NOT be accepted. Shortlisted candidates must be willing to undergo normal vetting and verification processes. Should you not have heard from us within the next 3 months, please regard your application as unsuccessful.