De Beers invites qualified applicants to apply for Bursary .Apply now before the closing date.
About the De Beers Bursary
It is a full bursary which means the following will be covered:
- Full Tuition
- Accommodation and meals
- Laptop allowance
- Student allowance.
Students who are successful for the bursary will be given practical training every year if they are studying a national diploma or vacation work should they be studying at a mainstream university.
Areas of study
Students applying for the bursary must have intentions to study a mining related, as follows:
- Mining Engineering
- Mine Survey;
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Engineering Geology to specialise in Rock Engineering/Geotechnical Engineering.
- Metallurgical Engineering.
De Beers bursary requirements?
Applicants need to meet the following requirements:
- must be a South African citizen
- must undertake full-time undergraduate studies in a South African tertiary institution
- must pass Grade 12 with exemption
- must obtain a minimum of 70% in both Mathematics and Science Higher Grade and a minimum of 60% for English
- written proof of acceptance to an accredited South African mainstream university or university of technology.
- Student must be from the surrounding areas where the mine operates.
- certified copies of SA ID and their full academic record.
Applications for bursaries open yearly in June, and must be submitted by 31 October.
If you do not hear from us by the end of year, your application has not been successful.