Dis-Chem Pharmacies Cosmetics Retail Learnership invites applicants to apply for available position.
- Matric – Grade 12 with Mathematics / Maths Lit and English
- Passionate about cosmetics and beauty
- Willing and able to work retail hours
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Previous working experience within the retail industry
- Driver’s License and own transport
- SAP experience
Function and Duties:
- Assist with the loading and off-loading of stock and unpacking stock as it arrives.
- Handle all merchandise carefully to prevent any losses.
- Provide friendly, helpful and courteous assistance and advice to all customers.
- Demonstrate products through, makeovers, cosmetic demonstrations, spray promotions or activities.
- Give advice to customers but do not force customers to change their preferable brand.
- Maintain expired and damage stock by adhering to stock rotation processes and procedures.
- Assist with the counting of stock files and general stock taking when needed.
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness, merchandising and displays must be maintained in both the window area and throughout the store.
- Present displays in an attractive manner.
- Ensure full ranges of products are on the shelves at all times.
- Report low stock levels, items that are out of stock, damaged stock and expired stock to management.
- All out of stock queries from customers must be followed up with the customer service out of stock list.
- Mark merchandise and maintain displays according to Dis-Chem standards.
- Report all price discrepancies to management.
- Process payment at a Cosmetic Department Point of Sales (POS).
- Implement promotional activities according to business needs.
- Resolve customer queries / complaints.
- Work towards achieving sales targets for different vendors and brands within the Cosmetics Department.
- Keep updated with in-depth knowledge regarding existing and new products, brands and the retail industry.
- Ensure bookings for Salon appointments are made correctly.
- Be responsible for all cosmetics, fragrances and beauty house promotions.
- English – Read, write and speak well
- Persuasive communication
- Interpersonal skills – customer service
- Team orientated
- Time management skills
- Trustworthy and honest
- Basic Financial Skills
- Understanding customer needs
- Creative thinking
- Target and deadline driven
- Ability to work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- 2nd Additional Language
- Ability to understand stock reports and sales
Special conditions of employment:
- South African citizen
- MIE – Clear Criminal and Credit Record
- Driver’s license or own reliable transport
- Be able and willing to work retail hours
Remuneration and benefits:
ONLY SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. IF YOU HAVEN`T BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN TWO WEEKS AFTER THE CLOSING DATE, PLEASE CONSIDER YOUR APPLICATION AS UNSUCCESSFUL.
TO APPLY CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW