Caversham Education Institute early childhood education application is open for 2023 academic year.
THE HIGHER CERTIFICATE IN ECD QUALIFICATION COURSE
- Offered over two years, part-time with workshops sessions on alternate Saturdays during term time enabling students to combine work and study. The course is structured like an onion, each workshop builds up on the next one.
- Meets SAQA requirements for credits at NQF level 5
- Well designed using an integrated model
- Dynamic, interesting and equips teachers of young children to offer an excellent programme to children aged birth to five
- Offered in Durban Musgrave, Highway Durban, Pietermartizburg, Kwambonambi in Zululand, Ballito, Port Shepstone, Cape Town Nothern and Southern suburbs and now in Midrand, Johannesburg.
THE HIGHER CERTIFICATE COMPRISES
- The 15 month, 20 modules Scope Course focusing on excellent preschool practice. 87 credits are awarded on completion.
- The 9 month, 12 module Teaching & Learning – Birth to Five Course that focuses on the teaching and care of babies, toddlers, and pre-Grade R children. These modules include the knowledge and skills for the planning, mediation and assessment of Learning Programmes based on the National Curriculum Framework (NCF)
- The 9 month, 12 module Three Learning Programmes in Grade R Course that focuses on CAPS in the reception year.
The Higher Certificate: Early Childhood Development (Qualification 23117) – 132 credits is awarded and this provides entrance to the third year Diploma Course
A student needs to:
- Have a Senior Certificate, an equivalent ECD NQF level 4 qualification or qualify for a mature age matric exemption
- Love young children
- Be working in or have access to classes for young children between birth to five years of age
- Be dedicated to the development of creativity in self and others & be resolute to the implementation of the course content;
- Be prepared to attend 80% of workshop sessions;
- Be committed to complete all written assignments and to be found competent in teaching practice
- Submit required portfolios of evidence of assignments and a journal.
COURSE FEES FOR 2022 – 2023
- A once-off, non refundable Administration Fee of R1500 – payable on registration
- Annual fee o f R17,000 -payable from January to October @ R1,500 per month
- Payment of the full annual fee is eligible for a 10% discount.
- Lectures, notes, files, teas, assessment,
- Certificates and awarding of credits
TO REGISTER FOR THE 2022 – 2023 HIGHER CERTIFICATE COURSE
Complete the Registration Form and return with copies of Senior Certificate and ID via email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org You can also send