Beaulieu Preparatory invites candidates to apply for position as Group Head of Transformation. Apply now before the closing date.
- Head up the Diversity, Transformation and Inclusion (TDI) portfolio in the Kyalami Schools Group (KSG), reporting to the Group CEO.
- The appointee will be based at Beaulieu College, and therefore, there will also be a close working relationship with the Head of Beaulieu College.
- Work closely with Heads and Management Teams across all campuses in implementing and continually renewing the Group TDI Strategy and Programmes.
- HR qualifications would be an advantage but teaching qualifications with additional training in transformation and diversity will suffice.
- Previous experience in an educational context would be an advantage.
- The ideal candidate for this position will have prior training and/or related human resource experience, particularly in supporting diversity and inclusion programmes and initiatives.
- The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of project management and ability to drive programmes that support the KSG’s staff diversity and inclusiveness opportunities.
- The candidate should possess strong analytical skills and ability to translate metrics, research, and trends into strategy.
- In addition to an ability to build and maintain positive relationships internally and externally, the appointee must be a team player with excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- While qualifications in education are not essential, previous experience in an educational environment would be a strong advantage.
- This position is only available to people from designated groups as intended in the applicable Employment Equity Plans and Policies of the KSG.
Nature of Role:
- Ability to take up and build on the work that has been done on transformation, diversity and inclusion within the KSG in the past five years.
- Ability to implement the KSG TDI strategy in conjunction with the Board, Staff, Parents, Students and Alumni.
- Ability to get to know each of our five campuses, their personnel and special character.
- To serve as subject matter expert to Board and Management and to benchmark and research analysis, including monitoring and reporting on diversity and inclusion topics.
- Partner with Group and Campus Marketing Departments to regularly communicate internal and external diversity and inclusion initiatives, events and progress.
- Development and management of the Group’s Employee Engagement Forums.
- Identify, build, and sustain community partnerships to support Group Social Responsibility in our local communities.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Excellent problem solving skills with appropriate decisiveness across a diverse and challenging range of stakeholders & functions.
- Ability to deliver both strategic and tactical results across diverse cultures from inception to completion.
- Capability to think creatively, deal with ambiguity, and manage changing priorities.
- Proven decisive leadership ability.
- Propensity to be process driven, and show resilience in a challenging aspect of current South African schooling.
Applications to be submitted to:
The Chief Executive Officer
email address: email@example.com using the reference GroupHeadTDI
The application should include a short covering letter and a brief CV.
Closing Date: Monday 26 September 2022