Apply to study Geography at WITS University 2023 .
The field of Geography includes the subdisciplines of:
- Physical Geography – including climatology, geomorphology, hydrology and climate and environmental change.
- Human Geography – including economic geography, urban geography, and human-environment interactions.
- Geospatial Sciences – including Geographic Information Science, Remote Sensing and spatial statistics.
- Environmental Management – including the policy and practice, water and air pollution, and disaster risk management.
- An undergraduate BSc or BA degree in complimentary fields relating to Geography, with a minimum weighted average of 60% and an average of 65% for geography courses is required for consideration for admission into the programme.
This is a highly competitive programme and therefore this minimum requirement allows your application to be considered, and does not guarantee admission.
- Applications are handled centrally by the Student Enrolment Centre (SEnC). Once your application is complete in terms of requested documentation, your application will be referred to the relevant School for assessment. Click here to see an overview of the Wits applications process.
- Please apply online. Upload your supporting documents at the time of application, or via the Self Service Portal.
- Applicants can monitor the progress of their applications via the Self Service Portal.
- Selections for programmes that have a limited intake but attract a large number of applications may only finalise the application at the end of the application cycle.
Please note that the Entry Requirements are a guide. Meeting these requirements does not guarantee a place. Final selection is made subject to the availability of places, academic results and other entry requirements where applicable.
International students, please check this section.
For more information, contact the Student Call Centre +27 (0)11 717 1888, or log a query at www.wits.ac.za/askwits.