Be part of the team. The team that makes it happen.
Anglo American has a portfolio of world-class mining operations. We mine, process, move and market the essential ingredients that enable a cleaner, more connected world and that meet fast growing consumer-driven demands for products from smartphones to electric cars. Our basic materials build homes, offices, railways and airports, and our diamonds fulfil people’s dreams.
Our Platinum business mines, processes and refines the entire range of platinum group metals (PGMs): platinum, palladium, rhodium, ruthenium, iridium and osmium. We are the world’s leading primary producer of PGMs, which have a range of specialized applications that improve lives across the world, from vehicle fuel cells to jewellery; dentistry to glassmaking; pacemakers to petroleum refining.
As a Communication Intern your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the communications team with events, marketing and communications activities as and when required.
- Manage invoice processing and supplier contracts.
- Provide support with the registration of vendors, securing purchase order numbers, submitting invoices for payment, and ensuring timeous payment of suppliers
- Track the availability of funds in purchase orders during the financial year
- Support on video and photography shoots
- Writing support across internal, community and external communications activities
- Support to the marketing and events specialist with branding approval, events planning and execution, and writing of invitations and programmes
- Provide support as required on employee activations and campaigns, including at site level
This role is in the Corporate Relations Department at a B7 level reporting to the Head of Communication.
- Diploma, degree, or other qualification in Journalism, Communications, Marketing or another relevant study area
- Experience on MS Suite (Excel/ Word/ PowerPoint/ Outlook)
- Ability to work well under pressure, with different teams and meet tight deadlines
- Natural interest in communications, branding and reputation management and ability to keep up with latest developments
- Experience in building strong, personal, and effective relationships
- Design, photography & videography experience, or knowledge an advantage
What we offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
Who we are?
Anglo American is a global diversified mining business. Our portfolio of world-class mining operations provides the metals and minerals that make modern life possible. We use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine, process, move and market our products to our customers around the world.
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
How we are committed to your safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.